Coffee and Pork Crackling Cookies are now a thing April 28, 2023 04:54
You’re going to want to sit down when you read this. You’ll either go weak at the knees or plain keel over in piggin’ disbelief.
Pork crackling and coffee in cookies? Let’s do this.
This recipe combines our awesome Marvellous Maple Pork Crackling with toffee-ish brown sugar and rich, fragrant coffee in one seriously next-level cookie.
We’ve teamed up with the legends at Two Chimps Coffee, an indie roastery based in Rutland, to create this quirky, but frankly EPIC cookie recipe. Try it and be impressed!
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 1 bag Snaffling Pig Marvellous Maple Pork Crackling
- 175g self-raising flour
- 100g light brown soft sugar
- 100g unsalted butter, chopped into cubes
- 1 egg yolk
- 2.5 tbsp espresso or very strongly brewed coffee
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 100g white chocolate chips
- Line 2 trays with baking paper.
- Pour about ¾ of the Snaffling Pig Marvellous Maple Pork Crackling into food processor and pulse into fine crumbs. Finely chop the rest and set aside for later.
- Combine the crumbs, flour and light brown sugar in a bowl. Rub the butter into the flour mixture until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Beat the egg yolk with a fork then tip in the coffee and maple syrup. Add this to the breadcrumb mixture along with the white chocolate. Continue to rub together, then squish the mixture into a ball to create a dough.
- Break the dough into about 12 pieces and roll into balls. Arrange them on the baking trays, placing well apart to give them room to spread. Top each ball with a few pieces of the finely chopped pork crackling. Pop them in the fridge for 30 minutes. Preheat the oven to 170°C/325°F/gas 3.
- Transfer to preheated oven and bake for 12-14 minutes until golden and firm. Leave the baked cookies to cool for 10 minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
Dive in a enjoy!
For more great recipes, check this book out!