Pig Bluey Mini BBQ
Yep. You're eyes are not deceiving you. We have made our own BBQ, one that's fit for piggin' royalty. It's so new in fact we have soft launched it, which means we have popped it on the site with no advertising whatsoever just to learn from our customers and gather feedback. If you are buying this you are technically a BBQ guinea pig (quite possibly not the best term we have ever used) but in return we are selling it at £200 off the standard RRP. At the moment there is also a 10 week lead time too. Not ideal but we want to get the quality absolutely right and so each one is hand made to order which is why there is a delay. We hope to get that down to less than a week as we learn.
If you're still interested here's the official blurb:
At Snaffling Pig, we think if something is worth doing, it's worth doing piggin' right. That's why we always set out to make the finest, most awesome thing we can. We first set our sights on porky snacks, then beer and now we bring you the Pig Bluey BBQ.
What this all about then?
Built in a Kamado style (that's Japanese for stove) you can literally grill, smoke, bake, cook, roast anything you need. Whether you want it raging hot or smokin' low you can adjust the temperature easily. The Pig Bluey is MEGA efficient and needs very little charcoal to get going.
At a Piggin' Glance:
- Bold & blue.
- Fancy thermometer fitted to the outside lid.
- Cast iron ventilation cap which helps to control the airflow and therefore the internal temperature.
- Made of high temperature resistant ceramics.
- 16 inch cooking grid (perfect for a whole chicken, couple of ribs or some big ol' juicy steaks).
- Stainless steel door at base for ash collection and airflow.
- Weighs in at 43kg and 47cm wide, 57cm high.
- 2 year warranty.
- This bad boy can be lit in any weather condition and be ready to cook on in less than 15 minutes.
- A bag of charcoal is going to last you a hell of a lot longer than it does on a normal BBQ.
- Grill / smoke / bake / cook / roast, the choice is yours. It's piggin' versatile.
- The Pig Bluey Mini BBQ is an ideal size to either be plonked in the garden or lobbed into the boot and taken out and about. You whip this out and your mate will look pretty sheepish with their supermarket disposable barbie.
- Cleaning is a simple as setting the temperature to 200°C and leaving it for 20 minutes.
How to Use:
- The quality of BBQ coals is seriously important so go for as good as you can.
- Slip a bunch of coals into the base, light, close the lid and open the air vents. This puppy gets hot and fast.
- Control the temperature with the air vents and when you're happy, slide those ribs on, grab a beer, sit back and stare at your BBQ for you are a bloody legend.
UK mainland postage:
£3.49 standard delivery
Free on all orders over £30
The Snaffling Pig’s less fun but very organised cousin, The Logistics Pig, dispatches all our items by courier for delivery usually within 1-2 working days. However, rather than keep lots of stock, we cook fresh every day to keep up with you snafflers so delivery can take up to 5 working days.
More than anything, we want to be piggin’ happy with your purchase. If you need anything contact us.
For our general T&Cs click here.
If kept air tight, our crackling should be suitably awesome up until it's best before date, which should typically be around 16 weeks from purchase.
If you dive in regularly, we'd recommend eating it up within 4 weeks - but this shouldn't be too tricky, because well, you're already diving in regularly.
As with any food product, store in a cool, dry place away from bright light and vegetarians in order to keep the swines at their best.
If you have any product related questions, please contact us.
You can view all our ingredient info here.